OFF: Snow, metric propaganda! :-)

Wed Dec 3 06:48:54 EST 1997

> From:          Daniel Wikdahl <mpj95wid at MC.HIK.SE>
>
> I've got to tell you this:
> I'll never learn how much an inch is! 2.2 cm?
> When you Anglicans are telling me how tall you are, how much snow it will
> fall etc I don't understand a shit. :-(
> You can be dwarfs all of you, what do I know?

Seeing as how every Scandinavian I've ever met is about 6-foot-6, I
suspect we all ARE dwarves compared to you!

> And those strange "miles" then... you're writing 'bout how far it is
> from your town to the place where tBS or some other band will play... but
> I just don't get it... when I'm reading your figures it seems to me like
> the concert can take place anywhere 'tween another continent and your backyard!

You gotta remember that this place is BIG!  When I saw tBS two weeks
ago, it took about 2hours 15 mins.  Maybe it's better to use time vs
distance to measure?  I'm thinking maybe 150 km?

> Come on! What's wrong with the metric system?!?
> Inch, yard, feet, pint, quarter pounder cheese etc
> - rubbish from the stone age! :-) :-) :-)

We were supposed to adopt the metric system about 20 years ago!  They
do use it some in Canada, mainly for distance.  I don't know if they
use metric weight measurement there.  The only people who use metric
consistently here are whiskey distillers!  So they can give you a
smaller bottle for the same price...

>                         mvh - Daniel Wikdahl
>                         185cm 83kg
>                         1mm snow (it fell this morning :-(
>                         400km from Stockholm
>                         1500m from my flat, which is 63.5 kvm

theo
195cm, 100 kilos
8km from home
About a million km from NYC!  6 hours if you're lucky

theo
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"...it's legal, but it ain't a hundred percent legal..."
v.vega