Off: Music help

Hoarse Whisperer beautiful_foot at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Dec 3 08:56:18 EST 1997

>>he is just not very
>>bright, and thought he could pull the "swastika isn't an inherantly
nazi
>>symbol" routine. He fucked up, because, hey *IT IS NOW* !
>
>Agree!
>

>>BTW Chris, how do you feel then about Lemmy using the swastika, then?
>
>This is something I find very interesting! WHY is he using it?
>... at least in Sweden lots of nazi Skinheads like Motorhead and
>AFAK it's not the music alone that attracts them - it's the music
>together with the WWII/nazisymbolism.

Does all this not point a little towards people seeing the imagery
(which is second-hand at this point, having already been taken one step
away from Fascism by people using it as an accessory or logo) and
thinking "woo coooool" and just slapping a swastika sticker on their
guitar, than seeing one of those funky army surplus stores selling
weighty metal Malteese Cross and thinking "wooo coool" and buying it and
pinning it on their army surplus combat jacket which they bought last
week.  And hey presto, they look just like their favourite punk or metal
icons.  Brain bypassed, no thought given to the actual meaning behind
what they now look like.
I mean, Lemmy is an intelligent dude, but I think he's showing a curious
anomaly of thought here.

--
The Distorted Barbie questions the effect of a girl doll on society -
http://ezone.org/ez/e7/articles/napier/barbie.html - but Mattel told