Off: Music help

Daniel Wikdahl mpj95wid at MC.HIK.SE
Wed Dec 3 09:55:49 EST 1997

>Does all this not point a little towards people seeing the imagery
>(which is second-hand at this point, having already been taken one step
>away from Fascism by people using it as an accessory or logo) and
>thinking "woo coooool" and just slapping a swastika sticker on their
>guitar, than seeing one of those funky army surplus stores selling
>weighty metal Malteese Cross and thinking "wooo coool" and buying it and
>pinning it on their army surplus combat jacket which they bought last
>week.

Well, maybe sometimes [I remember a mediadebate in the '80s when
one of Swedens (then) most popular female popsinger wore a Malteese Cross
on her leather jacket... it made her look like a Junkerpilot on the
stage... and like a fool in the papers, when she said "This has nothing
to do with nazism, it's just to make me look cool."
A Malteese Cross is not only a common symbol in nazism, it's also used in
various of other contexts, I know that and I have no problem to understand when
it's used to "look cool" or when it's used as a nazi reference.
But lots of people doesn't make any difference, and every person with normal
intelligence knows that and are careful when they use symbols.]

But Skinheads hardly use Swastikas (or Malteese Crosses) just to look cool,
they are very well aware of them as nazisymbols. Of course, 'cos that's why they
are wearing them...

BTW, am I the only one who has a problem with understanding the revisionists?
(I hope that's what you call it in English - people who denies the holocaust)

> And hey presto, they look just like their favourite punk or metal
>icons.  Brain bypassed, no thought given to the actual meaning behind
>what they now look like.

"Brain bypassed. No thought given." - sounds like a good blanga refrain! :-)

>I mean, Lemmy is an intelligent dude, but I think he's showing a curious
>anomaly of thought here.

Yes.
But I wonder if he still wears Swastikas... or if it just on old pics...
I'm really curious 'cos this is something me and my friends have discussed in
years but we have never come to a conclusion.

                        mvh - Daniel Wikdahl

"Byalagen är rådgivare åt de politiska nämnderna, så är det."
                                        -Joachim Håkansson

Daniel Wikdahl
Kaptensgatan 2a
S-39 236 KALMAR