Off: Music help

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Wed Dec 3 10:17:48 EST 1997

On ons 3 dec 1997 14.03 +0000 "Andy Gilham" <Andy.Gilham at BTINTERNET.COM>
wrote:
>> >BTW Chris, how do you feel then about Lemmy using the swastika, then?
>>
>> This is something I find very interesting! WHY is he using it?
>
> I thought the swastika had been quietly dropped from the Motorhead
"head" -
> precisely because people got the wrong idea.  Silly really - no-one
thinks
> Sid Vicious was a Nazi, do they?

     Quite!  And the swastika _was_ silently removed from Motorhead
iconography, since the unwashed masses weren't quite able to grasp the
subtle point underlying its use there.

     Mind you, it only makes that point in countries familiar with Nazi
ideology.  In the rest of the world it's still a good-luck symbol.

--
Carl Edlund Anderson
Dept. of Anglo-Saxon, Norse, & Celtic
mailto:cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk