Off: Music help

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Wed Dec 3 10:23:32 EST 1997

On ons 3 dec 1997 15.55 +0100 "Daniel Wikdahl" <mpj95wid at MC.HIK.SE> wrote:

> A Malteese Cross is not only a common symbol in nazism, it's also used
in
> various of other contexts, I know that and I have no problem to
understand
> when it's used to "look cool" or when it's used as a nazi reference.
> But lots of people doesn't make any difference, and every person with
normal
> intelligence knows that and are careful when they use symbols.]

     Well, the Maltese cross was never consider by Nazi's to be a symbol
of Nazism in the way that the swastika was.  The Maltese cross was simply
retained by the Nazis from the iconography of Imperial Germany.

> BTW, am I the only one who has a problem with understanding the
revisionists?
> (I hope that's what you call it in English - people who denies the
holocaust)

     That's what it is called in English.  Well, just because something
doesn't make sense doesn't keep people from believing it!

--
Carl Edlund Anderson
Dept. of Anglo-Saxon, Norse, & Celtic
mailto:cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk