OFF: ALL HEIL THE FUCKIN SWASTIKA!!!

Wed Dec 3 13:53:17 EST 1997

> From:          Christian Mumford <cannibal at CUTEY.COM>
>
> 1) The Nazis STOLE the Swastika, a solar symbol. They don't OWN it.
> Letting them keep it is like giving them the privilige of stealing
> and keeping a copyright on a symbol which they abused to kill, rather
> than using it to respect their place on this world and the people on
> it.

Right!  The swastika is a nazi symbol only if we allow it to be one.
Better to paint swastikas on every wall so that it will cese to have
any meaning or power for hate mongers.  If we cower in fear at the
sight of it, we are doing exactly what the evil bastards want us to
do!

> 2) Nazi imagery, re: Lemmy etc. At one Motorhead gig I was at in USA
> all these skinheads obviously misunderstood and brought pamphlets with
> racist propaganda. This pissed off the rest of us and I sure hope
> those snots got their asses kicked the bikers present at the show
> afterwards. The bikers who weren't Nazis that is :)  Lemmy's fascination
> with WWII is very much similar to my own I think: what can cause the
> greatest collective outburst of psychosis in history and subsequently
> mass killing? Theories abound, but some mighty force it was, and
> ultimately, people. The world isn't nice, people should not forget
> what our power is capable of. Personally I don't have the balls to wear
> swastikas, but occasionally I will will make fun of Nazis, or parody
> them, sometimes I will even say base, crude things about ethnic stereotypes.
> Because I think it's FUNNY. I find the stereotypes as funny as I feel as
> strongly about individuals not being defined by their ethnic origins.

Ah...the Howard Stern defense.  Well I'm a big fan of his, and I
agree with it.  My take is that humanity is one big self-parody.  Why
respect a species that doesn't even respect itself?  Look around.
What we're doing to this planet and ourselves is the ultimate
absurdity.  We respect nothing.  We eat the dead bodies of fellow
creatures simply because we have invented technology that allows us
to do so. [no i'm not a vegetarian]  Better to laugh at everything or
nothing at all...

> PS: theo: feel free to post my little poetic outburst on apple pies! :)

I'm scrambling for it as we speak!

theo
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"...it's legal, but it ain't a hundred percent legal..."
v.vega