OFF: Truth (oh no) and Shock Rock

Guido Vacano gvacano at BEAVER.MBB.WESLEYAN.EDU
Wed Dec 3 19:20:31 EST 1997

Chip says--

>         The irony of this statement appearing on a BOC discussion list
>         is too much to bear (as I think about Albert wearing his
>         Khomeni mask or the "SATANIC SYMBOL" our parents were warned
>         about).
>
>         The comments made on this list the last few days really shock me
>         in terms of their lack of perspective.  I mean, the same things
>         were said about Bach, Mozart, Stravinski, Elvis, The Beatles,
>         Led Zep, Sabbath, and Motley Crue.  And many more.

Well put Chip! This extends to literature too, of course. How many times
have we heard of book banning involving works like _Huckleberry Finn_ or
the novels of Kurt Vonnegut? I for one am sick to death of people who
"know what's best" for the rest of us. What mind-boggling arrogance! :-P

Guido

obVERYweirdCDplayer--_Uexkull_ by Zbigniew Karkowski. Is this Phase 3 of
Lumpy Gravy? :-)

--
If nothing is done, then all will be well.  -- Lao Tse