Off: Music help

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Wed Dec 3 21:40:28 EST 1997

On ons 3 dec 1997 18.16 +0000 "Craig Shipley" <craigs at PYRAMID.COM> wrote:
> As far as Motorhead using the symbol, well, damn folks, that is an
HE-111 on
> the cover of BOMBER, y'know, the one that was the primary bomber used
during
> Der Blitz and the Battle Of Britian. I think they should have used a
Lancaster
> instead. (Just what is Lemmy trying to say about his homeland?!?)

     Well, I think the Lancaster would have been inconsistent with What I
believe to be Motorhead's message.  It would have implied "We are English
and are off to kick the shit out of the non-English."  Using the HE-111
(IMO) implies "We are here with this thing which deals death to us to let
you know what kind of shit humans are capable of".  Use of the HE-111 is a
warning in the way use of a Lancaster would not be.

     I know I'm up too late when I start deconstructing Motorhead album
covers!!

ain't felt this good for an hour,
Carl

--