Off: Music help

Daniel Wikdahl mpj95wid at MC.HIK.SE
Wed Dec 3 21:42:26 EST 1997

Carl writes:

>     Motorhead lyrics often discuss the horrors we associate with Nazism
>(and in a distinctly negative way).  Then add the sprinkle of Nazi
>symbolism, and it becomes an ironic message.

Oh well, irony... :-)
Maybe I just don't like irony?
I don't know if you have the same thing in England and US but here people
are talking about "the ironic generation". That's me and people of my age.
First came the X generation... than the ironic generation.
Bullshit!
I will be more than happy when people stop hiding what they are talking
about behind walls of irony.
Sometimes I feel some people mean one thing when they first say it...
but later, when the reactions comes, they suddenly say "Oh, but this was irony
 of course." - just to protect themselves.
(Not speaking about Motorhead though.)
The same thing goes with a lot of the present so called satire. IMHO.

[big snip! - good job you did there]
>     The "Sacrifice" video, of course, was a wild collage of images of
>Naziism and soft-core pornography!  Sort of stuff Hitler would go for, I
>reckon ;)

Nah, he seemed to be more into German Sheperds. :-)

>     We need not restrict ourselves to Lemmy's Motorhead output.  "The
>Watcher" was a pretty damning comment on the human race, set as it was
>into the context of Hawkwind's SF/space themes.

Hmm, I've never listened to the lyrics of the Watcher. I'll do it when I comes
home tonight.

             hälsar och nyser (skit!, jag är förkyld!)  - Daniel

"Byalagen är rådgivare åt de politiska nämnderna, så är det."
                                        -Joachim Håkansson

Daniel Wikdahl
Kaptensgatan 2a
S-39 236 KALMAR