BOC: Making A show

Ted Alger talger at PIPELINE.COM
Wed Dec 3 22:13:47 EST 1997

>>Ah man now I'm scratching my head thinking about this.  Really trying to
>recall which album Squeeze first appeared on, something says it was
>Yesterday and Today but I'm probably wrong there.  Good excuse to go
>back and play albums numbers one and two to see.

neither! it's on 'Earthshaker'...but any excuse to listen to 'Y & T'
and 'SD' is a good one....I just need to finish getting their catalog
on CD...darn Japanese import prices!

>For me thats a lot easier said than done.  BOC had for three straight
>years played Jaxx in October.  They had some late September dates in
>this area so I was sure the streak would be kept alive.  Silly me put
>all my eggs in that basket.  At 39 going on 40 and usually going to
>concerts solo I'm not really into the 3.5 hours drive to see a show
>anymore regardless of who's playing.  In my youth no problem.  Flesh may
>be willing but the mind waffles.  What I really need is a good business
>reason to be in some area up north when tBS is doing a gig, so I can see
>them peel the paint off the walls.  Nothing like enjoying a gig on per
>diem.

well, I wouldn't count on them playing Jaxx again, due to an altercation
between a fan well known to the band and the bouncers at the last show
there....Buck said something to the effect that "we'll never play there
again if they treat our fans like that"....it may have only been a threat..
but I know he was pretty pissed about it....(I wasn't there, but know the
guy that was involved)

as far as the shows, well, I don't live that far north of DC, so you're
welcome to hitch with me any time if you like (I'm curious to see tBS too)

cheers,
Ted