Off: Music help

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.CS.VT.EDU
Wed Dec 3 22:57:42 EST 1997

On Thu, 4 Dec 1997, Carl E. Anderson wrote:

> On ons 3 dec 1997 18.16 +0000 "Craig Shipley" <craigs at PYRAMID.COM> wrote:
> > As far as Motorhead using the symbol, well, damn folks, that is an
> HE-111 on
> > the cover of BOMBER, y'know, the one that was the primary bomber used
> during
> > Der Blitz and the Battle Of Britian. I think they should have used a
> Lancaster
> > instead. (Just what is Lemmy trying to say about his homeland?!?)
>
>      Well, I think the Lancaster would have been inconsistent with What I
> believe to be Motorhead's message.  It would have implied "We are English
> and are off to kick the shit out of the non-English."  Using the HE-111
> (IMO) implies "We are here with this thing which deals death to us to let
> you know what kind of shit humans are capable of".  Use of the HE-111 is a
> warning in the way use of a Lancaster would not be.

Besides, Lemmy probably thought there was no way in hell he could work
up a Lancaster [heavy] bomber as a massive hydraulic stage prop, but a
HE 111 [medium], well, that one might just fly... ;-)

Cheers,

Paul.

obCD: Jimi Hendrix, _South Saturn Delta_

e-mail: paul at gromit.cs.vt.edu

"I didn't mean to take up all your sweet time"
        --- James Marshall Hendrix