HW, BOC: Names

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Thu Dec 4 04:55:08 EST 1997

In article <3486118C.1B1471B8 at starlinx.com>, Ron Jennings
<sprawl at STARLINX.COM> writes
>if i were being hounded about cosmic meaning hidden in a mundane name, i would
>just have to make up some totally off-the-wall explanation.  prolly whut dave
>did.
>rj

It's not _hidden_ per se, it just takes one to know one sort of thing. I
think you'd also make up some off-the-wall explanation if you had to
explain something like that to people who *weren't* lokking for that
sort of thing. It's just that to anyone with an interest in Egyptian
magick, Thelema or the Western Mystery Tradition in general, this is
like saying "Wind Of Aquarius" and if someone called their band that,
you wouldn't *heavy mystics, man!* you'd think *bunch of hippies*, which
is what I think :) No great conspiracy or anything, it's just the sort
of books people were reading back then.

and IMHO psychedelia *is* mysticism!
--
Jon Browne
       "The Astral Path is now your fortuitous goal"