OFF: Atrocities

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Thu Dec 4 09:13:49 EST 1997

>No, in the West the Jewish holocaust in the best known mass atrocity,
>but there are plenty of similar examples.  Pol Pot comes to mind ...

Not sure of the original author and generally that's probably a correct
statement.  For some of us though that is not the case.  More people
died in the "Great Passage" (transporting slaves to America) than the
Holocaust.  History never puts any of these things in the proper
prospective.  The Great Passage, the Holocaust, Stalin, Pol Pot all
testaments of man's inhumanity to his fellow man for no valid reason at
all.  Wasn't it Stalin who said something akin to the loss of life of a
single man is a tragedy, kill a million however and its a statistic.
I'm paraphrasing heavily here.

This is all very interesting but its really bumming me out thinking
about this stuff.

L8er

lil ab

"I believe that situations all depend on circumstance." - Chance,
Savatage