Bagel Anarchy in the U.K.

Marc Power mpower at FCMC.COM
Thu Dec 4 12:01:30 EST 1997

> Carl writes:
>     Mind you, it is hard enough to find _really_ decent bagels outside
> NYC either (IMO).  Gods know I've not found any reasonable bagels in
> England.

I think you are out-of-luck in Cambridge Carl, but if you in London
anytime, just go to Brick Lane at 2-3am. You will be able to get the
best bagels to be had in the U.K. there (they make them a little
smaller than the NYC norm, but then, they sell them by the bag and
they will put a sandwich filling in for you, mashed herring (yum!),
cream cheese, Smoked Salmon (Lox), Chicken Livers etc.
It used to be our staple diet when I was playing in bands in the U.K.
and we were recording all night (well ok, maybe not the chicken livers!)

And during the day, in much the same area (East End) you will be
able to get the best Indian food.

In Herring we Trust,

Marc.

--
SpaceRock Central
- featuring the extraordinary music of B0RN to G0 and Alien

"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.
 And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect
it."