OFF: Truth (oh no) and Shock Rock

Thu Dec 4 12:19:32 EST 1997

> From:          John A Swartz <jswartz at MBUNIX.MITRE.ORG>

> Good points, for what I know about Ozzy, Alice (both of which I've seen),
> MM and GWAR (which I haven't - well, did catch some live footage of a
> recent GWAR show in Boston - decapitated corpse spewing blood everywhere
> via a hose - all seemed very silly to me).

I don't know much at all about GWAR, but I remember a guy in the band
saying something great once.  GWAR had been given some MTV video
award, and he said [I paraphrase] "I am truly ashamed to be receiving
an award from MTV.  This is an embarassment...'  I'm not doing
justice to his quote, but I remember rolling on the floor at the time
I read it...Can't hate the guy too much!

theo
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"...it's legal, but it ain't a hundred percent legal..."
v.vega