BOC at Jaxx last year

Ted Alger talger at PIPELINE.COM
Thu Dec 4 17:56:44 EST 1997

>My bad.  Dream Disc has all the old classics, Japanese versions, for $24
>which is one of the best prices I've ever seen.  Now and then a local
>Circuit City carries one of the big three (Meanstreak, Earthshaker,
>Black Tiger) for around $20.  I got all except Open Fire, Down For the
>Count and the new one.

yeah, Jart has them all for about the same price, except for DFTC ($28?!?)
and the new one for $20

>I didn't see any scrapes unless they happened immediately after the
>show.  I zapped outside as soon as I knew they wouldn't do any more
>songs.  Alan and Danny came out the side exit extremely pissed and
>didn't want to talk much.  Buck appeared several minute later and seemed
>to be in a good mood, he gave me several more autographs for my cd
>inserts.  Never did see Eric come out.  I figured the mood was
>attributed to their performance, which wasn't typical BOC quality that
>night, or Jaxx was trying to screw them on the fee.  That place has a
>history of doing that I'm told.

well, I wasn't at the show, but heard about from a couple people....
I guess what happened was the bouncers decided someone was doing
something they shouldn't and tackled him and dragged him outside...
a lot more physically than was necessary, and all right in front
of Buck

>Hey lets go private with the logistics maybe we can work out some
>arrangements.  Wish we could get Dave M and the boys to swing eastward.

no prob.....and I'll second that wish about Y&T.....last saw them in '87
though I missed them last year when I was in California....found out on
the night of the show that they were playing some club in Palo Alto and
I was just down the road in San Jose....I was practically pulling
my hair out......
 maybe we can get them to do a show with King's X! (and get them to
play that play in DC AND Daytona's like KX did last summer......)

Cheers,
Ted