OFF: ALL HEIL THE _BEER_

Hoarse Whisperer beautiful_foot at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Dec 5 08:42:01 EST 1997

>>> Imagine a country the size of
>>>Connecticut with over 350 brands of beer?
>>
>> Ah now that sounds like home.  Only all 350 of them are flat,
lukewarm
>> and named in a very strange manner...Old Peculiar, The Dogs Bollocks,
>> Bishop's Crook, etc...
>
>     No, those are _English_ beers ("Peculier", BTW)

I could never read to well after a few jars, so forgive my typo.

> and they were
>discussing _Belgian_ beers ...
>
>     Mind you, on average English beer is pretty good :)

Ooops.  I musta thought Connecticut is bigger than it actually is.
Interesting Beer Festival we had here in Belfast a couple of months
back, though, several genuinely foreign beers slipped in and astounded
most of those in my party by actually having a taste.
Why does the taste of Real Ale always remind me of abandoned windmills?

Chris.

--
The Distorted Barbie questions the effect of a girl doll on society -
http://ezone.org/ez/e7/articles/napier/barbie.html - but Mattel told