HW: _Interstellar Chaos_ review?

William Duffy xl5 at IINET.NET.AU
Fri Dec 5 09:12:27 EST 1997

>Anyone familiar with Harvey Bainbridge's 1993 solo release,
>_Interstellar Chaos_?  I've read 2 reviews, one which calls
>it the "missing link of electronic and space music", and
>another which claims that _IC_ is dangerously close to
>techno.  Worth checking out, or no?

The first I might agree with, but it is in no way dangerously close to
techno, since a lot of it is weird and noisy swooshes and other synth
noises.

The music of Tangerine Dream and Jarre are a lot more techno than this,
which I guess is more like a BBC sound effects album (but a very good BBC
sound effects album).

There are some rhythmical bits, but they are closer to something like TV
Suicide and Mutation Zone.

William