OFF: the truth is out there

bart bart at AEOLIANS.BT.CO.UK
Fri Dec 5 12:29:50 EST 1997

Alex says -

> >So you're shocked and disgusted by Nine Inch Nails and Marilyn Manson.  You
> >must be over thirty..
>
> Nope. 27 ;-) I do like some of their music, though - especially NIN - but I
> hate the videos... and all the imagery associated with these sorts of bands
> (especially MM).

Make up your mind ! You like the music but hate the imagery ?? Well err, isn't
the music merely describing the imagery, or do you somehow feel protected
because you rely on your own imagination .... hmmm. If its the videos you
dislike, then surely focus your attention on their directors, or band
management, not the artist who only has a part stake in the collective result.

Besides, all this about shock & disgust seems a bit tame when you consider
what's actually going in the Real World. I mean any of the UK people see
Dispatches on Channel 4 last night about massacres in Algeria :-{ ? Those
kind of pictures shut you up whether you've been "tainted" by a NIN video or
not.

Tim