HW: _Interstellar Chaos_ review?

John Majka flossbac at WCIC.ORG
Fri Dec 5 12:42:14 EST 1997

At 08:56 AM 12/5/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Anyone familiar with Harvey Bainbridge's 1993 solo release,
>_Interstellar Chaos_?  I've read 2 reviews, one which calls
>it the "missing link of electronic and space music", and
>another which claims that _IC_ is dangerously close to
>techno.  Worth checking out, or no?
>
>MWood

I have Interstellar Chaos and like it quite a bit.  It does not get anywhere
near techno.  It is a very psychedelic, electronic space voyage that sounds
like it was recorded underwater; it has a bit in common maybe with
Rubycon/Phaedra era Tangerine Dream.  It has a very murky, mysterious sound
on most of the tracks.  As electronic space music goes, this album is
awesome!  God, I wish Harvey were still in Hawkwind!  And Huw for that
matter!  Which makes me want to assemble a "dream lineup" for the band:
vocals/rhythm guitar:  Dave Brock
Lead Guitar:  Huw Lloyd-Langton
Keyboards:  Harvey Bainbridge
Drums:  Richard Chadwick

wait, this lineup actually existed for a while!  Of course, adding
additional noise makers like Nik or Simon House or Del Dettmar or DikMik
could only add to the fun!
John Majka
flossbac at wcic.org