BOC references in Creeper #2 (DC Comics)

Ch'mu cannibal at CUTEY.COM
Sat Dec 6 18:48:35 EST 1997

Aside from heartily recommending this cool book (and classic character),
the 2nd issue of the current series contains some neat BOC reference -
courtesy of writer Len Kaminski (incidentally, I have a copy of Sgt. Fury
from '67 or so with "Len Kaminski" handwritten in ballpoint on the cover -
I FOUND THIS COMIC AT A FLEA MARKET IN NORWAY...!!!!)... ahem, anyway,
back to the BOC content in The Creeper #2, pg. 2:

(scene: NYC at night, raining, scummy area... weird bum walking around and
shouting prophesies to himself, a group of young bullies are hanging around)

Bum:    "...Now c'mon Harlan. It ain't all that bad.
        Th' Transmaniacon's nothin t'be afraid of..."

        "...that ol' Harvester Of Eyes, now he plays a
        mean trumpet, no foolin'."

        "Now you boys look like nice fellas..."

Bully:  "Yo, check this wacko..."

Bum:    "You go and tell my friend Harlan he shouldn't
        oughtta worry about all that Tyranny And Mutation."

Bully:  "Shaddap, ya smelly old geek!"

Bully2:"Bustim up! Bustim up!"

(Creeper jumps off a nearby watertower silhoutted against
the night sky in classic fashion, having observed the entire
scene)

Creeper: "I LOVE this town"

"Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha"

(laughing psychotically as he swings into sight on page 3...)

I can only assume Harlan is Harlan Ellison? Anyone?

Christian

ObOtherThanHawkwindGeekSaturdayNite: a stack of funnybooks

ObComicThat'sCoolAgain: Silver Surfer
ObOtherComicThat'sCoolAgain: Fantastic Four
ObConsistentlyGreatForADecade: Hellblazer
ObCrapBookIHadHighHopesForBeingOldFan: Man-Thing
ObLooksFuckinCoolButNotReadYet: Batman/Phantom Stranger
ObOnTopicBookWithSwastikaToBoot: Michael Moorcock's Multiverse #3
ObSong: ObLidaObladidadoooetc.