OFF: Lothar & Early Synth Stuff

Ch'mu cannibal at CUTEY.COM
Sun Dec 7 01:38:17 EST 1997

>Kinky li'l devil, ain't cha???

Ya betcha!!!

>(And, no, Jean-Michel Jarre did NOT play "Popcorn"; that was Gershorn and
>Kingsley!)

Well, I knew that it WASN*T JARRE!!!!! I grew up hearing Jarre, Popcorn
was this demon from a bygone era that a friend found at a flea market.....
evil, orange sleeve.... black slab of evil inside.... brrrrr.....

>Ever seen it, the beast is HUGE! It stands about seven foot tall or more,
>has stainless steel access doors and is chock full o' 1960's-era state of
>the art electronics! (Can you say, pre-IC??) It has a ton of modules, a
>bogus TV "monitor" (just shows a pre-set waveform) and is just a tank. (I
>read all of this in the VINTAGE SYNTHESIZER book, btw...)

Good Lord! A construct so massive it dwarfs even the largest cheese
known to Scandinavia!

I am currently working on my Jarlsbergotron, y'see, a massive machine
fuelled by enzymes creating the sound of bubbles making holes in the
cheese! The only instrument known to man with the waveform of the
Swastika!

Our fair maidens will hurl themselves into the fjords for just a glimpse
of my glorious invention!

Just the sound of this cheese will end the world with the glory of Progrokk -
and a new era shall begin!!!!!!

>Absolutely, positively 100% correct, sir! I am honored to be in the company
>of such fine individuals such as your self and others (except Steve Swann,
>of course, he's a troublemaker and the Root Of All Evil. At least, that what
>we can blame on him, which is all things....).

I think he is Elvis.

>Forty-one, dude. Gee, stop posting for a while and they all forget you! Hey,
>it's me, y'know, the old fart, "Pops" Shipley, remember??? I saw ELP on both
>the TRILOGY and the BRAIN SALAD SURGERY tour, Yes on the RELAYER and DRAMA
>tour (met Trevor Horn at that one), Zappa every time he came to DC or
>Baltimore, Pink Floyd on the post-DSotM, Black Sabbath on the BSV tour,  BOC
>on the LIVE IN 76 tour (hell, I was at that show!!)

Did you write a little postcard to mr. Carter??? If you did it didn't help
one bit!

>and several others,
>Kansas on the LEFTOVERTURE tour, Traffic on the WHEN THE EAGLE FLIES tour
>(that release has one of the best recorded 'Tron solos in "Dream Gerard")
>and a bunch more that me tired ol', Red Brick Seasonal Ale (local Atlanta
>brew, also the makers of Laughing Skull Pilsner, both excellent) addled
>brain has forgotten...

Well I'm impressed!!!!

pro-grokkin
Christian