OFF: Lothar & Early Synth Stuff

Craig Shipley craigs at PYRAMID.COM
Sun Dec 7 12:55:21 EST 1997

>>Kinky li'l devil, ain't cha???
>
>Ya betcha!!!
>
>>(And, no, Jean-Michel Jarre did NOT play "Popcorn"; that was Gershorn and
>>Kingsley!)
>
>Well, I knew that it WASN*T JARRE!!!!! I grew up hearing Jarre, Popcorn
>was this demon from a bygone era that a friend found at a flea market.....
>evil, orange sleeve.... black slab of evil inside.... brrrrr.....
>

>>Ever seen it, the beast is HUGE! It stands about seven foot tall or more,
>>has stainless steel access doors and is chock full o' 1960's-era state of
>>the art electronics! (Can you say, pre-IC??) It has a ton of modules, a
>>bogus TV "monitor" (just shows a pre-set waveform) and is just a tank. (I
>>read all of this in the VINTAGE SYNTHESIZER book, btw...)
>
>Good Lord! A construct so massive it dwarfs even the largest cheese
>known to Scandinavia!
>
>I am currently working on my Jarlsbergotron, y'see, a massive machine
>fuelled by enzymes creating the sound of bubbles making holes in the
>cheese! The only instrument known to man with the waveform of the
>Swastika!

Will this be an analog or a digital waveform? Analog waveforms are SO much
smoother (especially when it comes to making fondue!)

>Our fair maidens will hurl themselves into the fjords for just a glimpse
>of my glorious invention!

Not to mention what they might hurl at you!

>Just the sound of this cheese will end the world with the glory of
Progrokk -
>and a new era shall begin!!!!!!

Will you include a sample of a swastika with Jarlsberg cheese cubes stuck on
the endpoints? (It IS that festive time of year once again, y'know!)

The Jarlsbergotron, the cheesy-ist sampler in the world! Distributed by
Kraft, in the dairy section! Look for it in the handy touring size tub, or
for those of you who can't wait, in the handy squeeze dispenser, to apply to
your existing music collection to make it extra-specially cheesy, yum-yum!!
The time is ripe for this instrument!

>>Absolutely, positively 100% correct, sir! I am honored to be in the
company
>>of such fine individuals such as your self and others (except Steve Swann,
>>of course, he's a troublemaker and the Root Of All Evil. At least, that
what
>>we can blame on him, which is all things....).
>
>I think he is Elvis.

Well the current incarnation of Elvis is rather impotent, so I don't think
Steve=Elvis.

>>Forty-one, dude. Gee, stop posting for a while and they all forget you!
Hey,
>>it's me, y'know, the old fart, "Pops" Shipley, remember??? I saw ELP on
both
>>the TRILOGY and the BRAIN SALAD SURGERY tour, Yes on the RELAYER and DRAMA
>>tour (met Trevor Horn at that one), Zappa every time he came to DC or
>>Baltimore, Pink Floyd on the post-DSotM, Black Sabbath on the BSV tour,
BOC
>>on the LIVE IN 76 tour (hell, I was at that show!!)
>
>Did you write a little postcard to mr. Carter??? If you did it didn't help
>one bit!

Not me, man! Did not vote for Mr. Carter, way back then. (He has since gone
on to be a great humanitarian, especially here in Georgia. Probably the one
President that has gone on to do greater things out of office than when he
was in. Dosen't say much for any of 'em, does it???)

>>and several others,
>>Kansas on the LEFTOVERTURE tour, Traffic on the WHEN THE EAGLE FLIES tour
>>(that release has one of the best recorded 'Tron solos in "Dream Gerard")
>>and a bunch more that me tired ol', Red Brick Seasonal Ale (local Atlanta
>>brew, also the makers of Laughing Skull Pilsner, both excellent) addled
>>brain has forgotten...
>
>Well I'm impressed!!!!

Heh-heh, thought ya would be... Gotta go, time to sand the ceiling (no, this
is not a weird sexual deviation, my foyer ceilings' paint is peeling and I'm
getting ready to refinish it. I just LOVE this stuff :-/.)

>pro-grokkin
>Christian
>
>NP: nothing

NP: don't know yet, but it will be five 70 minute + CD's in the changer, set
on repeat (this is gonna be a long job. :-( ).
Craig Shipley                        craigs at siemens-pyramid.com
Siemens-Pyramid Information Systems, Inc.
1100 Johnson Ferry Rd. NE                                Suite 400
Atlanta, Georgia 30342                              (404) 845-3404
Corporate Voice Mail                      (800) 333-5754 x-2023