OFF: Truth (oh no) and Shock Rock

Chip Hart chip at PCC.COM
Mon Dec 8 09:30:05 EST 1997

DAMON CAPEHART spoke:
> >        So, blow it off as an example?  In fact, it makes the best
> >        example to some degree.
> >        There were RIOTS before and, particularly, after his
> >        performances.  They were considering SHOCKING.
> Er, aren't you referring to Stravinsky?  I don't remember anything
> about riots at Mozart concerts.

        Nope, I meant Mozart.  "Riots" after openings by both composers.
        Really.

> Chip, you sound way too pissed off.  Most of what you've written in
> the past week or so comes across as flaming.  The more restraint you
> use = the more people will be likely to listen/read.

        Well, first, I've only written *two* messages.  This is the
        third.  And they both came after a long series of comments from
        other posters that, imo, were so damn snotty, conceited, and
        condescending, that I couldn't help it.  To disparage the
        silliness of a band's image rather than discuss the merits of
        its music on the Blue Oyster Cult/Hawkwind mailing seems so
        HYPOCRITICAL to me.  Funnily, so.

        As far as I could see, only Ron mentioned the music itself, and
        he's the only one I even came close to picking on!

        I'm sorry if I upset anyone.  But, if people can't or aren't
        willing to back up their (stated) negative opinions of a band,
        why post them to this list?

--
Chip Hart                           *                          chip at pcc.com
People's Computer Company           *              http://www.pcc.com/~chip