BOC: Media coverage

Thu Dec 11 12:26:51 EST 1997

> From:          Bolts of Ungodly Vision <scruto19 at POTSDAM.EDU>

> Quickie question:
>         How extensively was BOC documented in the musical press during
> their "Reaper" and _FoUO_ years?  Is there any way to dig in magazine
> archives for such material?
>
> you got the power we got the key,
> Jason

Jason,
It was hard to pick up a Creem magazine in the old days without
finding a story on BOC.  Rolling stone didn't like them much after
the first couple albums, but indeed raved about them early on.
Curiously, Buck was pretty well ignored by Guitar Player, no cover
stories, and only one small interview that I know of.  I have it
somewhere, it was right after ST.  I have a bunch of old Creem
magazines, some with excellent stories, including:  "Blue Oyster Cult
is God."  Can't argue with that!  I'll try to find them, but don't
hold your breath [Brian, Christian, Manuel, please be gentle!]

I know I speak for us all in saying that I'm going to miss you r
posts, Jason.  You're a righteous dude.  BTW, you going to tBS gig in
Ithaca?

theo

"I told you not to be stupid..."
--Ben S.