HW: 1999 Party

Scott Heller shll at HAGEDORN.DK
Fri Dec 12 02:35:09 EST 1997

Ok,

        I got the new Hawkwind, Distant Horizons and the 1999 Party today!
I have given the DH one listen and really liked some parts of it but it
seems that some of the songs are just filler synth stuff and not all that
interesting? We will see what I think on repeat listens.  Did anyone figure
out what that is on the cover? Any archeologists out there...

As for the 1999 party, I have not heard it yet but I did think all that
Spaceship Hawkwind mumbo gumbo was pretty wierd. How thought that up? For
all the effort, the poster is pretty lame. I love that picture of the guys
in Man and HW on top of the car. Is that not Simon , the last guy standing
on the car to the left? Maybe not though? Lemmy is the last guy standing on
the car to the right. I liked the pictures in the book quite a lot
especially that last one of lemmy!  Did anyone notice in one of the news
articles that they said that the Detroit show was also recorded.  Would
that be the last show with Lemmy?  I wonder if they ever listened to the
tapes to consider the release of that one.

WOW!  This is a really great CD!  I am  bit suprised that Nik is almost
mixed out. You could not hear him at all in Brainbox pollution and in It's
so Easy he should have been much louder.  Did anyone notice Lemmy went into
the bass line for Down thru the night at about 5:30 into Brainstorm.  Boy,
Nik is practially gone on Brainstorm.  Was he really that bad that night or
did Dave purposely mix him out?

Has the Man CD from the Chicago show come out? The show was released for
the Man fanclub back in the 70's or 80's and I have a tape of it and it is
a great set!! The version of C'mon is great!!

Scott

ObCD- Hawkwind- 1999 Party

R. Scott Heller PhD
Hagedorn Research Institute