HW: (Fwd) This is Hawkwind - Do not Panic!!

OzHawks OzHawks at PCMICRO.COM.AU
Fri Dec 12 07:40:05 EST 1997

The life of a Hawkfan is not a happy one ....

From:          "OzHawks" <OzHawks at pcmicro.com.au>
To:            ozhawk-l at lists.pcmicro.com.au
Date:          Fri, 12 Dec 1997 22:36:22 +1000
Subject:       This is Hawkwind - Do not Panic!!

Hi everyone,

I have news - not what we want to hear, but it's not all bad.

As you know, Hawkwind accepted the tour offer, and want to do the tour. We
were waiting for acceptance in writing before proceeding. When that hadn't
happened early this week (after a few days of trying to catch people in the
UK), I eventually rang Dave on Wednesday night to see what was happening.

I have it on good authority that all of the band definitely want to come.
There is no problem there. There's also no problem with the terms of the
offer. They are waiting for income from a number of sources (accounting for
the current tour, a deal with EMI, etc.), and as that hasn't happened Dave
has to buy the air tickets himself. The problem is that Dave had that money
earmarked for printing of an official lyric book, and if he purchases the
tickets the book would have to wait.

At the time I spoke to him, Dave hadn't decided either way - he was
travelling to London that day and was to have a meeting with Doug Smith etc.
in which he would decide. I haven't been able to get in touch with Dave since
to see what the result was.

As we had to start this week at the latest to get things happening in time,
I (in seperate discussions with both Dave and Premier artits) also discussed
a backup plan of delaying the tour by 1-2 months. It looks like that is
probably what will happen given the lateness of the year.

The good news really is that Dave said that if they had the cash on hand they
would be here in a flash, so the delay in one way guarantees the tour. If a
delayed tour is the end result, it will be finalised (in writing) almost
straight away, as Premier don't want to re-book the venues only to find this
happening again.

So the tour is/will be much more concrete than ever before - we just don't
know exactly when it will be!

Sorry if this is partly dissapointing news - you can imagine how it is for me
having been chasing this thing for over a year now!!

As soon as I have any more details I will let you all know

Yours in Space,

Paul

--
OzHawks          The Australian Hawkwind Appreciation Society
PO Box 884          Mail us an SAE for our free newsletter

Australia                   OzHawks at pcmicro.com.au