HW: 1999 Party/DH

Fri Dec 12 15:13:31 EST 1997

> >        I got the new Hawkwind, Distant Horizons and the 1999 Party
> >        today!
> >I have given the DH one listen and really liked some parts of it but it
> >seems that some of the songs are just filler synth stuff and not all
> >that
> >interesting? We will see what I think on repeat listens.  Did anyone
> >figure
> >out what that is on the cover? Any archeologists out there...

It's Nut, the Egyptian sky goddess.  She's actually upside-down here - her
body should be arched over the earth, forming the sky.  The same picture
was also used, the right way up, inside the Space Ritual foldout sleeve
(and in one of the booklets in the remaster). You see variations on that
design in lots of temples in Egypt.

Not sure what the scarab underneath her is for.

-Andy