HW:Hawkwind/Lemmy/Rush/Nik Turner

John Majka flossbac at WCIC.ORG
Sat Dec 13 14:17:34 EST 1997

> And I'm also curious to learn if there is someone out there who knows
>which shows Rush supported Hawkwind. By the way, Rush are, according to
>rumours, preparing a live album from the last tour but will include a full
>version of Cygnus X-1 recorded in London 1979, now that's what I call
>promising.

Rush opened for Hawkwind during Rush's "Caress of Steel" tour, otherwise
known as their "down the tubes" tour because show attendance was so low and
reviews of the new album were so unfavorable.  I'm not sure how many shows
that included, or where, but it was in 1975.  It is my understanding that
there are no existing bootlegs of this infamous Rush tour.  If anyone has
one, I'd be interested in hearing it!  It's cool about Rush including an old
live recording.  Like Hawkwind, I'd like to see Rush put out some vintage
live shows.  The Rush from recent years is definitely not very interesting
at all.  On the other hand, live Rush isn't terribly exciting either, since
they basically play their tunes note-for-note.  Hawkwind live shows, on the
other hand, have some degree of improvisation and variety from night to
night and year to year.  Plus Rush does those godawful medleys live instead
of playing complete songs.  I wish Rush could get back on course and write
good music once again.  The same goes for Tangerine Dream.
John Majka
flossbac at wcic.org