OFF: More Rush Bashing, Theo?

Tue Dec 16 08:45:27 EST 1997

> From:          "BREVARD, Adrian R." <abrevard at SHL.COM>
> >Ah, my evil disciple's implants are working now...Let's see, have
> >Rush ever done any religious pilgrimages...
>
> Gee guy, you really have it bad for Rush.  I'm sure you have explained
> dozens of times before why you dislike them so much but c'mon man, these
> guys can play.  I'm not a huge fan of theirs, was in to them more in the
> 70's than now, but give them some credit ok?   They have achieved quite
> a bit in their careers and are still going fairly strong. I'd sure like
> to know who (besides the obvious, BOC, Richard Thompson) you do like.

I don't really hate them all that much, but I know their fans are so
serious about them that I can always get one to take the bait!  It's
really Geddy's voice that I can't stand [though their lyrics are
awful too].  But if they had a decent singer, I could like them, bad
lyrics and all.  Alex's a great gtr player, no doubt...

> Get into the X-mas spirit folks and try some Trans Siberian Orchestra or
> Ho-Ho Hoey II.  {Shameless commercial plug for the day}

His last one, Bug Alley kind of disappointed me, sad to say.
Although I admire him for working so fast in the studio, now I'm
thinking maybe he should put more time on his projects.  What's the
point of using Roy Thomas Baker to produce a record you're
essentially just throwing together?

theo

"I told you not to be stupid..."
--Ben S.