OFF: More Rush Bashing, Theo?

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Tue Dec 16 13:34:11 EST 1997

>from what I've seen in interviews is a really nice guy.  The dudes in
>Rush all seem to have a sense of humor when being interviewed, but
>the albums are so humorless...

They actually on occasion have a fair amount of humor live, too, but
more in terms of when they're talking, not playing.  And they never
put this kind of stuff on their live albums....  last time I
saw them was the coldest day of last winter here in West Palm Beach,
mabye 45 degrees at concert time outdoors at Coral Sky ampitheater
with a stiff wind the entire time, and Geddy kept ragging all the huddled
people in the crowd about how this wasn't really cold weather we were
complaining about...  (I watched about half that show from the
sides by one of the restrooms holding my  hands in front of the
hot air hand dryer)....  (side note, it got colder than that night
last night, we're really miserable here now.  And the high won't
break the mid 60's, we're told....)

(metric equivalents for this e-mail - "maybe 8 degrees at concert..."
                                      "won't break the mid teens"

The time I saw them before that (well, hey, no spacerock bands ever
come to florida, If it weren't for BOC's occasional swings through
here Rush and Floyd would be the only concerts I'd ever go to)
they were all introduced with fake names, I can't recall the other
two but Alex Lifeson was introduced as "Fabio", and halfway through
the next number he started doing a number of strongman macho poses....

Andrew A. Apold (mordru at magg.net), aka  |
Roger Shrubstaff,                       |
Duchy of Silverwater (BL), Amtgard      |
aka Asgrim Dragon -=UDIC=-              |
 "I was corrupt before I had power!" - Random