OFF: More Rush Bashing, Theo?

Tue Dec 16 13:10:59 EST 1997

> From:          Chip Hart <chip at PCC.COM>
>         I wish more bands would "get along on playing ability for quite
>         a while" like Rush has.  Whether you think they suck now or
>         then, they cranked out a lot of high quality music from about
>         1972 until 1988 (MY faves, anyway).
>
>         That's 16 grade-A years.
>
>         That's about as long as our good friends, BOC.  Hell, the last
>         real BOC output would be what...ETL?  [Imaginos goes to Albert,
>         imo.]

Really, FoUO.   I never said BOC wasn't guilty of many of the
excesses I blast other groups for.  Nobody's immune.  At least BOC's
always had a sense of humor...

>         I agree, Theo, that it's particularly easy to bait Rush fans.
>         Especially those who think Neil Peart is a drum god.  But
>         insulting any band with a broad brushstroke, as you have done
>         here, would tick anyone off, don't you think?

Sure thing!  But anyone who;s been on the list for a while knows Rush
is like a pet rock to me, and I'm needling the fans more than
critiquing the band itself.  And I own a couple of Rush albums
myself, BTW...Saw them open for BOC once or twice back in the hoary
days of yore...

theo

"I told you not to be stupid..."
--Ben S.