HW: Bedouin album

Wed Dec 17 05:37:28 EST 1997

On Wednesday, December 17, 1997 6:27 AM, Dmitri Lapitski
[SMTP:corwin at ELNET.MSK.RU] wrote:
> Why you so don't like Danny Thompson's drumming? He wasn't a bad
> drummer, not the best but not worst! I think that the worst drummers in
> Hawkwind were Martin Griffin and Ginger Baker.

Well, it was Christian that was really laying into him, but I didn't like
him back in his HW days - then again I didn't get on with that whole
line-up, for the most part.

Griffin was a good guy, so I won't hear anything against him!  And I recall
him doing a pretty decent impromptu solo when the power went half-way
through "Psi Power" once.  Baker was a bit of an arsehole, and his style
didn't fit, but technically he's surely hard to fault?

His Majesty King Simon is of course totally irreplaceable!

-Andy