HW: Bedouin album - Ginger

Stephen Lindsey stephen at SPATIALWARE.COM
Wed Dec 17 09:36:47 EST 1997

People trashing Ginger Baker ????  Right well anyone whos been around here a
while knows what to expect, takes a lot to wake me from my stupor, but
this'll sure do it.

Dmitri, Jon Browne  - both of you outside now !  I'll teach you the meaning
of good drumming with one hand tied behind my back !

-Overrated or what???

Are you insane ? This man is a prodigy, touched by the hand of God, the Jimi
Hendrix of the drum kit.

- : What's the difference between a chiropodist and Ginger Baker?

- A : A chiropodist bucks up your feet!

Thats the point fer crissakes, Ginger is the only person who in getting
from A to B will always take a different route each time, while still
arriving at B exactly when he's supposed to, its the players who can't
handle that because they need each individual beat to reinforce their
own timekeeping that get screwed up.

- listen to the 17
minute version of Toad and see..........

why he's the only drummer who ever should be allowed more than three minutes
of drum solo, because he can actually think of variations to last 17 mins.

A tip, theres a video of Cream partly last concert at Albert Hall, partly
interviews, Ginger is at his drumkit showing a few sample rolls,
he thinks hes doing nothing special, I defy anybody else to be  left
anything but  speechless by
his apparent totally independent control of all four limbs.

As for his work with HW - Levitation I would have to say is his finest
contribution.

Right who's next then ???
;-)
Steve L.