HW: Bedouin album - Ginger

Troy Harris fiskare at WEBCONCEPT.COM.AU
Wed Dec 17 11:33:01 EST 1997

At 17:54 17/12/97 +0300, Dmitri Lapitski wrote:
>Stephen Lindsey wrote:
>> As for his work with HW - Levitation I would have to say is his finest
>> contribution.
>

>Levitation is one of the greatest albums evr but it's not my favourite
>cause of Baker's drumming. IMHO, his drumming was too weak and didn't
>fit well HW music.
>
>Dmitri

 REPENT!   GB's drumming was excellent for the hawks--he added a new dimension.

 Sure, he overplays at times, but so what?

 on another tangent....I have finally worked out why I think DH is not as
good as previous stuff.   Bring back real keyboard players.  (sorry Dave).
I would rather have Harvey Bainbridge back in the line up or Del or someone.

 DH horizons, while good, lacks vision, dimension, and direction, when
compared to say, ET.  The songs are too short, too.

 But it is a contender for my top 4 albums of the year 1997, all the same.
(typical fan- no real objectivity)

   Back in the box,

     Troy

        Troy Harris

        PO Box 18  Mornington, Victoria, Australia , 3931

        +61-3-5985 85 86

        fiskare at webconcept.com.au
        tlh at rubens.its.unimelb.edu.au