HW: Bedouin album - Ginger

Ola Nyberg ola.nyberg at SYSTEM3R.SE
Thu Dec 18 07:25:14 EST 1997

Levitation has got to be my favorite HW studio album. Huw is brilliant on
it and Ginger definitely adds a new dimension to the sound.

As for Danny, I think his style suited the Black Sword era material
really well, but it didn't sound that great on some of the older material
(Assault & Battery, for example). I can imagine that he's great for
Alan's new "Space Metal" project Bedouin.

A few songs (pre-Danny stuff) I think sounded great live with Danny:

 -Magnu (the version on Live at Reading '86 just kills me)
 -Master of the Universe
 -Angels of Death
 -Arrival In Utopia (for some reason always referred to as "Utopia")

All IMHO, of course...

Cheers,

Mr Ola

P.S. I just came to think of the review of the *Live Chronicles* album in
Kerrang in the fall of 1986. It got one (!) "K" out of five. And it's one
of my favorite albums... Kerrang truly is a shitty mag.