More Best of 1997

Stephen Swann swann at ST-CANARD.SPC.EDU
Thu Dec 18 17:35:31 EST 1997

Andy Gilham writes:

> > Year's Best Reissue - Joy Division - Heart And Soul (yeah, like that's
> > going to go over big on this list.
>
> Fine by me, Jon!  In fact I feel a definite urge to dust off _Unknown
> Pleasures_ and slap it on de turntable right now!

Fine by me, too, and I *was* just listening to _Unknown Pleasures_
last week.  Back in 91 or 92, I tried to push Joy Division on this
list a couple of times; Paul Mather used to razz me about it.  ;-)

> ObLP: Joy Division - _Unknown Pleasures_.  "She's Lost Control"!  Oh yes!

What is _Heart and Soul_?  I thought I owned the whole JD catalog,
and I've never heard of it (except as a single).

Steve