Thud!! Grok drum good!! (Re: HW: Bedouin album - Ginger)

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Fri Dec 19 05:53:15 EST 1997

cannibal at CUTEY.COM writes:

> I remeber Xenon Codex being one of my earliest HW CDs when it had just
> come out and I had NO clue (even after owning about 3-4 HW CDs) what the
> hell it was gonna sound like - hit me right away, I thought it was great and
> still do (the second half in particular, most of the first side bores me a
> bit) - XC is very much a link between the 80's HM and 90's ambient
> incarnation
> (I thought Space Bandits was a big letdown).

I've come to the conclusion that since Levitation, there's a great
Hawkwind album in every *two* studio albums (their live albums are
generally fine but each studio album seems to have been a half finished
project that was completed with filler. So between Sonic Attack and
Choose Your Masques there's a great album and also between:

Church/Weird tapes
Black Sword/Earth Ritual
Space Bandits/Xenon Codex
Electric Tepee/IITBOTFTBD