Off: Rush & Knut etc.

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Fri Dec 19 06:10:49 EST 1997

In article <3.0.2.32.19971218232428.02f8b8f0 at online.no>,
cannibal at CUTEY.COM writes
>Now, c'mon Jon, you can't have been 1001% super-hip/ultracool ALL your life
>eh?? :-)) 'Fess up! Which crap bands do you nostalgically like but are not
>willing to admit eh?? *snicker* betcha were into SUPERTRAMP and still put 'em
>on when you are feeling real "Dad-ish"!!!

Chris, I have been a die-hard Hawkwind fan for 19 years now. How _cool_
is that? :) Yes, right, extremely. But it should illustrate that this
coolness is only percieved by a select few and most people think my
musical taste is hopeless. What do I care?

There is one group. however, which almost fits the above, only I really
_never_ever_ play them even when I'm feeling Dad-ish. When I'm in such a
mood I'm inclined towards the Byrds and very occasionally, The Beach
Boys. For them, I feel no shame and make no apologies.

BUT....

.
.
.
.
.
.

I really was 8.   Saturday Night Fever had not yet come out. They didn't
sing in those funny voices. I thought Massachuchets <sp> was a good
song. I even bought Jive Talking, happy?

now leave me alone.....

)-:

--
Jon Browne