HW: Drummers list

Keith Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Fri Dec 19 10:17:11 EST 1997

Dmitri suggests the following heirarchy of HW drummers.

>Ok, we talked much about drumming and drummers. Now let's make the list
>of best Hawkwind drummers.
>Here is mine:
>
>1. Simon King        - it was a tough choice 'cause I like drumming of
>1. Richard Chadwick   - and I don't know really who is the first in my
>   list. I think they both deserved it.
>3. Danny Thompson - his drumming perfectly fits the Black Sword
>   Chronicles Era of Hawkwind - the great period. And the Xenon Codex too -
>   my favourite HW studio album.
>4. Alan Powell
>5. Terry Ollis
>6. Ginger Baker
>7. Martin Griffin

Mine is...

1.  Richard Chadwick - the most versatile and 'appropriate' drummer HW has had
2.  Ginger Baker - I'm with Steve L. on this one, at least partially.  I
think his      'performance' on Levitation is one of the reasons that's such
a great album.  But    then he was only on that one studio album, and his
style wouldn't suit much else     of HW's.  Also, reports of him fronting
his own HW following his sacking suggest     that he's a real loser as a person.
3. Simon King
4. Martin Griffin
5. Alan Powell
6. Terry Ollis
7. Danny Thompson (THUMP-thwack-THUMP-thwack ad nauseum....)

Keith H. (FAA)