More Best of 1997

Stephen Swann swann at ST-CANARD.SPC.EDU
Fri Dec 19 10:29:00 EST 1997

Paul Mather writes:

> On Thu, 18 Dec 1997, Stephen Swann wrote:
>
> > Fine by me, too, and I *was* just listening to _Unknown Pleasures_
> > last week.  Back in 91 or 92, I tried to push Joy Division on this
> > list a couple of times; Paul Mather used to razz me about it.  ;-)
>
> I did?  My mind must be going; I know bugger all about Joy Division, and
> normally I make it a point of razzing on only those things that I have
> had at least a passing acquaintance with. :-)

You razzed me for continually citing their "influence", not for
anything to do particularly with the band itself.  And if you
weren't at all familiar with them, maybe that's why you thought
it was funny that I considered them to be "influenctial"?  ;-)

> obCD: Kyuss, _Queens of the Stone Age_

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?  Are Kyuss back together?  <pant, pant>

Steve