HW: Drummers list

Dmitri Lapitski corwin at ELNET.MSK.RU
Fri Dec 19 11:08:55 EST 1997

Andrew A. Apold wrote:
> 7.  Danny Thompson  - Chronicles & LC used to be my favorite HW albums until
>         someone mentioned not liking the drumming, when I listened to it next
>         I paid attention to it and this almost has ruined the album for me.
>         I still like it for other reasons, but there are times when it almost
>         seems Huw is having to cover for DT just to give the song some more
>         rhythym.  And Elric the Enchanter (part 1, from the studio version),
>         once one of my favorite songs, gets me cringing, I have to force myself
>         not to pay attention to the drums...  also Needle Gun, that's another.
>         which is why I'm waiting with baited breath to hear it done by a
>         real drummer, Albert....

When someone mentioned that he doesn't like Danny's drumming I
relistened to all albums with Danny Thompson and didn't understand why
all of you so don't like his drumming. His drumming is not perfect but
it perfectly fits the material.

Baker's drumming is so weak that everytime I listen to Levitation I
regret that Simon King left Hawkwind. Baker just doesn't have power in
his drums. His drumming is ok for any soft rock band but not for
Hawkwind.

Dmitri