More Best of 97

Kevin Sommers novadrive at PANGEATECH.COM
Fri Dec 19 22:12:14 EST 1997

>Torgo wrote:
>>Is THAT what that sucker was? That baby got lodged in my e-mail account
and
>>I had to have the good men and women at my ISP get in there physically and
>>DELETE it, kind of an internet enema. Problem is I lost all my mail that
>>was kinda "stuck behind it" too. Needless to say I did my own fair share
of
>>swearing yesterday. Glad to see all is normal again.
>>
>>Hope it doesn't happen again, I really don't want to unsubscribe yet.
>
>THIS is why, Kevin.  Not because we're selfish dweebs who don't want to see
>anything in our mailbox except what we deem interesting.
Let me repeat myself: "Sorry, I won't do it again."  This was based on some
amount of ignorance on my part, as I've sent and received large files a good
number of times with no problem on either end, and assumed (there's that
word) that the same would be the case here.

>As far as the "religion vs. rock 'n' roll" thread, it was clearly marked
>"OFF:", but maybe you don't want to learn how to set filters on boc-l.
Yes, and there are plenty marked "OFF:" which pertain to Hawkwind or are
otherwise interesting.  And it has absolutely nothing to do with "learning",
as I tend to learn pretty well.  For example, I learned that a fast internet
connection is good, and that I have my choice of ISPs.

>BTW, none of the posts concerning "r vs. r&r" were greater than 5k (as far
>as I remember), and only take about 2 seconds to download, and don't lock
up
>network mail servers.
I could only wish that the network servers were listening, because this
isn't 1982 anymore, and 551k isn't all that big; it SHOULDN'T lock anything
up.

  Yours was 551k, and for what?  So we could hear Brock
>say something like "Hold on John, it's gonna be a second"???
>Oh well, maybe it was worth it for someone.

What he said was "...there's going to be a second", as in a second
Hawkwind-attended American Spacerock festival.  I was at Strange Daze 97,
and as seeing Hawkwind is a rare and special treat, one that I appreciate
(to say the least) to the fullest, and to hear Dave's enthusiasm for that
Festival and a promise for another one, well, to me that's a good thing, one
that I wanted to share.  And that's why I sent it, not to piss anyone off or
cause any problems.  End of story.  (any questions, see my first line of
this post)

Kevin Sommers