BOC Reformation NEWS

Mon Dec 22 09:26:02 EST 1997

> From:          "BREVARD, Adrian R." <abrevard at SHL.COM>
> Agreed.  But maybe they do have some industry insider information that
> supports the story.  Really if this is a european mag maybe there is a
> logical explanation.  Perhaps they were unaware that BOC has continued
> to tour the "gin joint" circuit throughout the US for many years now.
> Plausible, since the band rarely appears in Europe anymore and I doubt

This is quite likely what has happened, though I'm a bit surprised
that a rag like Kerrang would step on its dick like this.  They're
pretty big BOC fans and should know what the band's been up to [or
not!] Must be somebody heard of a deal to get EW released, and then
extrapolated from there?

> that "Summer Wheeze" would get heavy hype in Europe.  As for a
> "megabucks" deal thats HIGHLY unlikely.  EW is done for the most part
> but a mega deal wouldn't be based on a single effort, they'd have to
> convince a company that there was more in the old gas tank and it (other
> material) has a decent chance of making good numbers (read $dollars).

BEsides, nobody is giving mega-bucks to wheezers nowadays, exc.
somebody like the Stones [insult to lump BOC in with them!] or maybe
ZZ Top, who can actually still make interesting records.  The only
way I see 3OC getting even a decent deal would be somebody like
Metal Blade or CMC, but there'd be no megabucks involved...

theo

"I told you not to be stupid..."
--Ben S.