HW: Heard on Space Ritual

Mon Dec 22 09:56:18 EST 1997

> From:          Horse Whisperer <beautiful_foot at HOTMAIL.COM>
>
> It's funny y'awl should be talkin' about this, 'cos I've noticed this on
> cassette versions of ZZ Top's Rio Grande Mud (Best Album Ever?) and

Right church, wrong pew!  I'd put Tres Hombres in that category for
certain.  Chris, you'll have to eat yer heart out here:  I was second
row dead-on in front of Billy this summer.  But I think best ever
would be  a 3-way tie betw. first 3 BOC albums, with Fly By Night a
close second...

> Zep's "Led Zeppelin".
> I had assumed it was just magnetic cross-talk occurring on really old
> cassettes, but Vinyl and CD???
>
> Have we a professional on the list?  Enquiring minds need to know!!
>
> Chris.

You're more likely to hear a false echo happen, where sound bleeds
through the tape onto tape right under it on the reel, after the
original, not before...

theo

"I told you not to be stupid..."
--Ben S.