BOC and CMC

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Mon Dec 29 11:46:46 EST 1997

 >Can you imagine a CMC display in Best Buy with
> BOC latest sitting right next to EWF?

Theo> ROTFL!  I'd be happy to see a BOC display ANYWHERE!  CMC does have
a lot of variety.  Dokken, Warrant, Saigon Kick [or whatever their name
is now] Lynyrd Skynyrd[!].

Saigon Kick is still Siagon Kick but is about to be called Flat under
their new record deal.  Drummer now fronts Prunnella Scales, Matt ain't
singing anymore and the Fabulous Jason Bieler has a solo album comming
out.  Real dysfunctional band that makes some fine music when they want
to.

Theo> I hadn't heard of EWF...that's a kick.

Haven't heard that EWF's latest album was released on CMC or have never
heard of Earth Wind and Fire?  Damn good group in their day.  'Course
like most R&B bands of the 70's they forgot about music and went disco
which killed them.  Parliment/Funkadelic seems to be the only band that
survived the 70's to 80's transition.  Long live the P-Funk.  Heheheh,
if only I could find some of my old college buddies from New York City.
I vowed that funk would survive Disco.

Theo>But I think they're heart's in the right place [CMC, that is].  You
know that all us wheezers are likely to have a soft spot for a label
that'll take a chance on dino bands, and help them keep making
records.

Well CMC should license the Jurrasic Park series logo.

Theo> Given the talent level, both in terms of playing and
songwriting ability, it's amazing BOC haven't caught on somewhere.
Just fell through the cracks I guess.  And given the state of their
[mis] management, we're lucky they haven't disappeared from sight
altogether...

Agree on all points above, except they also have to have the desire to
do this.  Look at the Rollling Stones.  Numbers show they made almost
$90 million on their Bridges to babylon Tour last year, No., 1 by a wide
margin.  Yet sales of the album were practically nothing.  Seems people
will pay to see you but can care less about the product your putting
out.  BOC is pretty much the same.  They were always a kick ass live
outfit and we continue to see them any chance we get.  Perhaps if we
stopped attending gigs they would be more concerned with putting
something out.  Radical concept but not one I endorse.

Theo>Hey, anyone care to speculate what the BOC stand-up AB has
suggested
would look like?

Not sure what your talking about here.  I for one would love to have a
contest to name the new album.  I can't really think of anything now
except perhaps BOC II.

Good tBS review Torgo!

L8er
lil ab

"And so he says to me, he says to me, you got style baby but if your
going to be a real villian you gotta get a gimmick.  And so I go, I says
yeah baby a gimmick that's it.  High Explosives." - Evil Midnight Bomber

OBCD - Helloween Keeper of the Seven Keys Part II
OBTV - Three episiodes of Spawn (interesting)