Hawkwind covers all?

Allan T Grohe Jr Allan.T.Grohe.Jr at MAIL.SPRINT.COM
Mon Dec 29 11:48:54 EST 1997

Just to be sure that people realize/recall that the covers project was
a large, group effort, here's my (sketchy) recollection of it.

Dave Berry and I made copies of the tapes for people located in the
UK/rest of world and in the USA.  Everyone sent us copies of the tapes,
and from them we compiled the master tapes.  Chuck Johnson (I think?)
made the tape sleeves, and Paul Ward (again, not sure?) provided the
web space for everyone to check out the designs.  I don't recall if
Chuck had created the art, or if it was from one of Tim's old T shirt
designs.  About 15 or so BOC-l members ended up contributing
covers--from one song to an entire tape's worth.

As for a 5th tape, well, just how much new stuff is there?  It sounds
like we're only up to (at most),  a new side of material...

Allan.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Allan T. Grohe, Jr.      allan.t.grohe.jr at mail.sprint.com
http://www.rpg.net/ehp/imrryr  iscladoc at idir.net

----------
From:  cannibal
Sent:  Monday, December 29, 1997 10:12 AM
To:  BOC-L
Cc:  cannibal
Subject:  Re: Hawkwind covers all?

At 13:45 29.12.97 +0100, you wrote:
>Moi!
>
>Just using these wasted days to go through this list of all
>Hawkwind-Material ever, and my eyes stuck on "Hawkwind Covers All" -
>Tape ! Anybody dare to tell me something about this masterpiece ?! I'm
>VERY interested!

Hi! It's a 4 cassette set compiled by some veteran BOC-L'ers of Hawkwind
covers  of varying quality - overall an essential little archive and
signpost to the weird and woolly world of way out strange and essential
bands from all over the world - ranging from superstars like Monster
Magnet
to aussie unknown poseurs The Australian Hawklords! :) I think I
purchased
mine from Dave Berry in UK but I've no idea if this "project" is still
active? They are cheap, covering only the cost of the cassettes &
postage
so it's 100% sunshine blessed altruism from our beloved worldwide
listmember brothers and sisters in arms!

cap'n C

(PS:

***ATTENTION BOC-L TROOPERS!*** Sign up to FIGHT for YOUR RIGHT to bear
the
Mark of TRUE FREEDOM LOVING BOC-L'ers! In the fringe provinces of
Usenet we
are being slandered as no good unfriendly psychos after a near fatal
BOC-L
trauma upon an unsuspecting BOC fan, who was pummeled by our mailbox
destructive FRIENDLY fire this past sweltering summer! Those of you who
remember incident in question, stand up and DEFEND our GOOD cause in
Usenet!!! Our second objective should be RECRUITMENT among the lowly
Usenet
citizens until WE PEACEFULLY REIGN SUPREME IN THE WORLD OF BOC MAILING
LISTS!

...In the name of Blue Oyster Cult, Hawkwind and the Holy Michael
Moorcock...