OFF: Da Stones (was: Re: BOC and CMC)

Matthew Braun mbraun at URBANA.CSS.MOT.COM
Tue Dec 30 11:30:46 EST 1997

>From:    "Ted Jackson jr. 6L6" <tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU>
>> From:          "BREVARD, Adrian R." <abrevard at SHL.COM>

>> Look at the Rollling Stones.  Numbers show they made almost $90 million
>> on their Bridges to babylon Tour last year, No., 1 by a wide margin.
>> Yet sales of the album were practically nothing.  Seems people
>That's very interesting, and typical of the Stones.  For a band
>who've made so much money, their records don't sell all that well.
>The last one's been heavily panned across the board.

Oh? Most of the reviews I've read have said it was a "solid, if somewhat
disjointed" effort; that the high points were good, and the low points
weren't all _that_ low.  I recall that both Mojo and Stereo Review both
thought it was pretty good.  Where have you seen it panned?  It ain't
another "Exile on Main St.", but what is?

>Thing is, the Stones suck live as well as on record, but it doesn't
>seem to matter!
Ummm...this also runs contrary to just about all of the show reviews
(personal and professional) I've heard.  Mick's apparently doing pretty
well for a 50+ year-old guy, and Keef just ain't a-dyin'.

                                        m@

ObCD: David Roter Method, "Find Something Beautiful", (esp. "Run M.F. Run")

+-mbraun at urbana.css.mot.com-+--Experiments that failed too many times -----BOC+
|   Matt Braun -- Motorola, |    Transformations that were too hard to find   |
|  Urbana, IL Design Centre | Poison's in my bloodstream, poison's in my pride|
+---------------------------+--- I'm after rebellion, I'll settle for lies----+