BRAIN: Malpractise, X Bros

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Tue Dec 30 14:17:53 EST 1997

>Will second Andy's comments on *Malpractise*.  "Needle Gun" is excellent,
>although I can't compare it to Hawkwind since I haven't heard their
>version.  "Hassan..." sounds pretty cool too - do my ears detect more
>dropped tuning?

I like both these songs on M* (Albert, these one-word album titles makes
it difficult to abbreviate them, I'd thought BoH was ending that <g>), I
think they
compare very well.  I definitely prefer the drumming on this NG, but
either way, the original is one of my favorite Hawkwind songs, I
like them both, in different ways.  Huw is one of my favorites on
guitar, this is different than his style....  Deb sounds really evil-like on
this track, but I also like Brock's vocals, so I'm not going to choose
a favorite...

As for Hassan, I must confess I don't have the album it originally
appeared on (and I can't recall which one it is, it's somewhere
in the gap in my collection between ASAM and Levitation).  The only
version I have is the one on "Out & intake", and I easily prefer the
M* version to that....

Andrew A. Apold (mordru at magg.net), aka  |
Roger Shrubstaff,                       |
Duchy of Silverwater (BL), Amtgard      |
aka Asgrim Dragon -=UDIC=-              |
 "I was corrupt before I had power!" - Random