tapes and things

Martyn White white at BORG.MED.ECU.EDU
Sat Feb 1 12:51:32 EST 1997

Chris cites a very good example:
>Martyn writes:
>>Is a screech the same as a scream?   For the most awesome scream
>> in rock history, it surely has to be Jim Morrisson (When the musics
>> over) or Roger Daltrey (Won't get fooled again)
>
>Don't forget Roger Waters in "Careful with that axe, Eugene" (or was that
>scream real?)

        Good point.  One of my all time favorite tracks.  I think
it is a real scream:  Check out the Pompei (sp?) video.

>If you include older guys, Screamin' Jay Hawkins could deliver a righteous
>shriek
>as well (hence the name!).

        I think Morrison, Daltrey, and Waters are part of the older
generation.  Never heard of Screamin' Jay Hawkins.  Is he an old
blues singer?

>Chris

Martyn

ObCD> Hawkwind - The Friday Rock Show sessions:  excellent versions of
Hassan and also Silver Machine with Lemmy on vocals.

ObTrivia>  There was another "Guest" involved and I didn't recognize the name.